From your favorite greasy spoon diner to the dining room at home, you've probably encountered scrambled eggs as part of a standard breakfast plate. What's often overlooked, however, is that scrambled eggs are enjoyed around the world in many different dishes.
Because of their simplicity and versatility, knowing how to make scrambled eggs is an absolutely essential skill to have in any kitchen. With just a little bit of practice, you'll be able to turn out scrambled eggs that suit your exact preferences for taste and texture—not to mention please all the palates around the table.
Study up with the help of our directions below and you'll be plating this simple breakfast staple with ease, and you'll be more than ready to move on to cooking a variety of different and delicious variations that take scrambled eggs beyond breakfast.
How to Make Scrambled Eggs on the Stove
There are two main ways to make scrambled eggs, the first of which is in a pan on the stove. Follow these directions to make a great batch of scrambled eggs—a perfect dish for one or many:
- Whisk eggs and milk in bowl. Use about 1 Tbsp. of milk for every egg you add to the bowl. Add desired seasonings to taste. Typically, scrambled eggs are made with salt and pepper, but this is also a place where you can begin to experiment with different spices like paprika.
- Heat butter in a skillet or spray the skillet with cooking spray on medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture. Cook the eggs, stirring occasionally as the mixture begins to set. This will help to form large, soft mounds of egg. Continue until eggs are thickened, but still moist. Serve hot with your favorite accompaniments, like toast and bacon.
- For extra flavor and delicious creaminess, try whisking in KRAFT Ranch Dressing or a savory variety of PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread with the milk or in place of the milk. Use 1 Tbsp. dressing or cream cheese spread for every egg. If desired, substitute 1/4 cup cholesterol-free egg product for each egg.
How to Make Scrambled Eggs in the Microwave
Scrambled eggs can also be made in the microwave. Use these simple directions to make scrambled eggs in just a couple minutes:
- Place egg mixture (see above) in microwaveable bowl and cover the bowl with waxed paper. For each egg and desired additions, microwave on HIGH for 1 min. to 1 min. 15 sec., or until the egg mixture is almost set, stirring every 30 sec.
- Let stand, covered, 30 sec. to 1 min. before serving. (Eggs will look slightly moist but will finish cooking while standing.)
Scrambled Egg Recipes
Now that you know how to make scrambled eggs, you're ready to cook up some delectable dishes with the guidance of these recipes: